Place:


Stowe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stowe like this:

STOW, or Stowe, a parish in Stamford district, Lincoln; near Tallington r. station, and 3 miles W by N of Market-Deeping. Post town, Market-Deeping. Acres, 355. Real property, £657. Pop., 11. House, 1. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Barholme.

Stowe through time

Stowe is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stowe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stowe, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13777

Date accessed: 15th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stowe ".