Place:


Stapleford  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stapleford like this:

STAPLEFORD, a parish in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, 6 miles ENE of Newark r. station. Post town, Newark. Acres, 2,930. Real property, £2,282. Pop., 204. Houses, 36. The manor belongs to Lord Middleton. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Carlton-le-Moorland. The church is good.

Stapleford through time

Stapleford is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stapleford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stapleford, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13725

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stapleford ".