Place:


Llanfihangel Rhos Y Corn  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Rhos Y Corn like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-RHOS-Y-CORN, a parish in the district of Lampeter and county of Carmarthen; on an affluent of the river Cothi, 10 miles NW of Llandilofawr r. station. Post town, Carmarthen. Acres, 9,012. Real property, £2,201. Pop., 634. Houses, 146. The property is much subdivided. Forest was a seat of the Rudds, and is now a farm-house. Most of the land is hill and mountain. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanllwny, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is good.

Llanfihangel Rhos Y Corn through time

Llanfihangel Rhos Y Corn is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Rhos Y Corn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Rhos Y Corn in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1370

Date accessed: 24th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Rhos Y Corn ".