Place:


Skillington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Skillington like this:

SKILLINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Grantham district, Lincoln; 4 miles SW by S of Great Ponton r. station, and 6½ S by W of Grantham. It has a post-office under Grantham. Acres, 2,140. Real property, £3,194. Pop., 466. Houses, 92. The manor belongs to the Earl of Dysart and Sir M. J. Cholmeley, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £105. Patron,Turner, Esq. The church is early English, and good; and has a tower and spire. There is a public school.

Skillington through time

Skillington is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Skillington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Skillington, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13572

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Skillington ".