Place:


Sedgebrook  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sedgebrook like this:

SEDGEBROOK, a parish, with a village, in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; on the Grantham and Nottingham railway, 4 miles W N W of Grantham. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Grantham. Acres, 1, 642. Real property, £2, 772. Pop., 269. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to Sir J. ...


K. Thorold, Bart. The living is a rectory, united with East Allington, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £800. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is perpendicular English, with lofty arches and a fine tower. Charities, for teaching, £65; for apprenticing, £20: for the poor, £27.

Sedgebrook through time

Sedgebrook is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sedgebrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sedgebrook, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13561

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sedgebrook ".