Place:


North Scarle  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Scarle like this:

SCARLE (North), a parish, with a village, in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; 2¼ miles N N W of Swinderby r. station, and 9 W S W of Lincoln. Post-town, Collingham, under Newark. Acres, 1, 955. Real property, £3, 608. Pop., 595. Houses, 135. The manor belongs to W. Houldsworth, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £252. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. There are two Wesleyan chapels, and charities £33.

North Scarle through time

North Scarle is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Scarle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Scarle, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13538

Date accessed: 20th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Scarle ".