Place:


Saltfleetby St Clement  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Saltfleetby St Clement like this:

SALTFLEETBY ST CLEMENT, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; on the coast, 1¾ mile S by E of Salt-fleet, and 9 E by N of Louth r. station. Post-town, Louth. Acres, 2, 205; of which 1, 175 are water. Rated property, £1, 547. Pop., 139. Houses, 34. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £219.* Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church was repaired in 1841.

Saltfleetby St Clement through time

Saltfleetby St Clement is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Saltfleetby St Clement itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Saltfleetby St Clement, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13524

Date accessed: 21st April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Saltfleetby St Clement ".