Place:


Bloxworth  Dorset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bloxworth like this:

BLOXWORTH, a parish in Wareham district, Dorset; 3 miles ESE of Bere-Regis, and 5 NNW of Wareham r. station. It has a post office under Blandford. Acres, 2,776. Real property, £1,661. Pop., 264. Houses, 50. The property is all in one estate. Part of the surface is heath; and there are vestiges of a Danish camp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £230.* Patron, the Rev. G. Pickard Cambridge. The church is very good.

Bloxworth through time

Bloxworth is now part of Purbeck district. Click here for graphs and data of how Purbeck has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bloxworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bloxworth, in Purbeck and Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13523

Date accessed: 21st July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bloxworth ".