Place:


Reepham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Reepham like this:

REPHAM, or Reepham, a village and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The village stands adjacent to the Lincoln and Hull railway, 4 miles E N E of Lincoln; and has a station on the railway . The parish comprises 1, 430 acres; and its post town is Lincoln. Real property, £4,028. Pop., 436. Houses, 87. The property is much subdivided. The Burton hounds are kennelled here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £176.* Patrons, the Mercers' Company, London. The church is good; and there is a parochial school.

Reepham through time

Reepham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Reepham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Reepham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13495

Date accessed: 23rd September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Reepham ".