Place:


Whitelackington  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitelackington like this:

LACKINGTON (WHITE), a village and a parish in Chard district, Somerset. The village stands near the Chard and Taunton railway, 1½ mile ENE of Ilminster. The parish contains also the hamlets of Atherstone, Silvinch, Hurcote, and Clangers-Hermitage. Post-town, Ilminster. Acres, 1,465. Real property, £2,931. Pop., 260. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to John L. Lee, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £250.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church is early English, and has a tower.

Whitelackington through time

Whitelackington is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitelackington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitelackington in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13400

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitelackington ".