Place:


Norton Disney  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Norton Disney like this:

NORTON-DISNEY, a parish, with a village, in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, 2 miles E S E of the Fosse way and the boundary with Notts, 3¾ S S E of Swinderby r. station, and 7 N E of Newark. Post-town, Newark. Acres, 2, 305. Real property, £2, 208. ...


Pop., 196. Houses, 38. The manor belongs to Viscount St. Vincent. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £172.* Patron, Viscount St. Vincent. The church is a plain edifice, with a tower; belonged formerly to Sempringham priory; and contains several ancient monuments and brasses of the Disneys. There is a village school.

Norton Disney through time

Norton Disney is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Norton Disney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Norton Disney, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13377

Date accessed: 20th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Norton Disney ".