Place:


Lawkland  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lawkland like this:

LAWKLAND, a township in Clapham parish, W. R Yorkshire; near the river Ribble, 3 miles NW of Settle. It contains the hamlets of Eldroth and Feizor. Acres, 4, 220. Real property, £4, 094. Pop., 338. Houses, 64. Lawkland Hall is the seat of j. W. Foster, Esq. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.

Lawkland through time

Lawkland is now part of Craven district. Click here for graphs and data of how Craven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lawkland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lawkland, in Craven and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13270

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lawkland ".