Place:


Stocklinch  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stocklinch like this:

STOCKLINCH-MAGDALEN, a parish in Chard district, Somerset; 2½ miles NE by N of Ilminster, and 6 WSW of Martock r. station. Post town, Ilminster. Acres, 199. Rated property, £500. Pop., 116. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £140. Patron, the Rev.J. Allen. The church is good.

Stocklinch through time

Stocklinch is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stocklinch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stocklinch in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13243

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stocklinch ".