Place:


Puxton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Puxton like this:

PUXTON, a parish in Axbridge district, Somerset; near the river Yeo, 2 miles E of Banwell r. station, and 5¾ N N W of Axbridge. Post-town, Congresbury, Somerset. Acres, 613. Real property, £1, 998. Pop., 147. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. Windham, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £60. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church is later English, with porch and tower.

Puxton through time

Puxton is now part of North Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Puxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Puxton in North Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13159

Date accessed: 24th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Puxton ".