Place:


Mudford  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mudford like this:

MUDFORD, a village and a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset. The village stands on the river Yeo, 3 miles N N E of Yeovil r. station; and has a post-office under Taunton. The parish contains also the hamlets of Hinton and Stock. Acres, 2,035. Real property, £4, 995. Pop., 421. Houses, 71. ...


The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £180.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Wells. The church is later English, in good condition; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There are a national school, and charities £5.

Mudford through time

Mudford is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mudford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mudford in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13111

Date accessed: 17th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mudford ".