Place:


Hatch Beauchamp  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hatch Beauchamp like this:

HATCH-BEAUCHAMP, a village and a parish in Taunton district, Somerset. The village stands near the Hatch station of the Chard and Taunton railway, 6 miles SE of Taunton; has a post office under Taunton; and was once a market town. The parish comprises 1, 120 acres. Real property, £2, 519. ...


Pop., 324. Houses, 78. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Beauchamps. Hatch Court and Hatch Park are principal residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £167.* Patron, N. Gould, Esq. The church is ancient but good; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, and a national school.

Hatch Beauchamp through time

Hatch Beauchamp is now part of Taunton Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Taunton Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hatch Beauchamp itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hatch Beauchamp, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12935

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hatch Beauchamp ".