Place:


Fivehead  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fivehead like this:

FIVEHEAD, a parish in Langport district, Somerset; 4½ miles SW of Langport town and r. station. It includes the tythings of Carthanger-cam-Stowey, Moor-town, and a small portion of Burton-Pynsent; and has a post office under Taunton. Acres, 1, 721. . Real - property, with Swell, £4, 778. ...


Rated property of F. alone, £1, 707. Pop., 489. Houses, 96. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Swell, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £234.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church is ancient. with a tower; has a brass of a richly-dressed woman; and is good. There is a National school.

Fivehead through time

Fivehead is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fivehead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fivehead in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12854

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fivehead ".