Place:


Knaith  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Knaith like this:

KNAITH, a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln: adjacent to the river Trent at the boundary with Notts, and near the Lincoln and Gainsborough railway, 3 miles S by E of Gainsborough. Post town, Gainsborough. Acres, 1, 640. Real property, £2, 197. Pop., 105. Houses, 19. The manor belonged formerly to the Darcys and the Willoughbys; and belongs now to W. ...


Hatton, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £40. Patron, W. Hatton, Esq. The church belonged to the Cistertian nunnery of Heyninges; is in the decorated English style; and has two windows ornamented with rich tracery.

Knaith through time

Knaith is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Knaith itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Knaith, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12772

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Knaith ".