Place:


Kingerby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingerby like this:

KINGERBY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; on a branch of the river Ancholme, 2½ miles W by S of Usselby r. station, and 4 NW of Market-Rasen. Posttown, Market-Rasen. Acres, 1, 435. Real property, £2, 423. Pop., 106. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. Kingerby House is the seat of James Young, Esq. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £287.* Patron, J. M. Blagg, Esq. The church is very old; consists of nave, chancel, and aisle; and contains two effigies of Knights Templars, and several monuments of the Youngs. There are almshouses, with £100 a year.

Kingerby through time

Kingerby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingerby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingerby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12746

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingerby ".