Place:


Cwm Bran  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cwm Bran like this:

CWMBRAN, a seat of iron-works in Llanvrechva parish, Monmouth; on the Avon-Llwyd river, the Brecon and Monmouth canal, and the Eastern Valleys railway, 4 miles N by W of Newport. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Newport, Monmouth. A church was built here in 1860, in the decorated English. style, at a cost of £1, 265; and consists of nave and chancel, with tower and vestry.

Cwm Bran through time

Cwm Bran is now part of Torfaen district. Click here for graphs and data of how Torfaen has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cwm Bran itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cwm Bran, in Torfaen and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1255

Date accessed: 18th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cwm Bran ".