Place:


Queen Charlton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Queen Charlton like this:

CHARLETON (Queen), a parish in Keynsham district, Somerset; near Wans Dyke, 2 miles SW of Keynsham r. station, and 5 SE of Bristol. Post Town, Keynsham, under Bristol. Acres, 955. Real property, £1,956. Pop., 141. Houses, 31. The property is all in one estate. The manor belonged to Keynsham Abbey; and was given by Henry VII. to Queen Catherine. The gateway of the Abbey-grange, a Norman structure, still stands. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £65. Patron, Mrs. Dickinson. The church was recently restored.

Queen Charlton through time

Queen Charlton is now part of Bath and North East Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bath and North East Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Queen Charlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Queen Charlton in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12537

Date accessed: 22nd January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Queen Charlton ".