In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baltonsborough like this:
BALTONSBOROUGH, a parish in Wells district, Somerset; on the river Brue, 4 miles SW of Glastonbury r. station. It includes the hamlet of Southwood; and has a post office under Glastonbury. Acres, 2,472. Real property, £6,934. Pop., 763. Houses, 166. The liv ing is a p. curacy, annexed to Butleigh, in the dio. of Bath and Wells. The church is later English. There are Wesleyan and Moravian chapels, and two public schools.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Baltonsborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Baltonsborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baltonsborough, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Baltonsborough".