Place:


South Ferriby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Ferriby like this:

FERRIBY (South), a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln; on the Humber, near the Sluice, opposite North Ferriby, 3¼ miles WSW of Barton-on-Humber r. station, and 8½ N of Glanford-Brigg. It has a post office under Hull. Acres, 3, 245; of which 1, 495 are water. Real property, £3, 111. ...


Pop., 573. Houses, 135. Ferriby Hall is a chief residence. Part of the land is the side of a range of hills which intersects the county. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, 192.* Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is good; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

South Ferriby through time

South Ferriby is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Ferriby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Ferriby in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12216

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Ferriby ".