Place:


Zeals  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Zeals like this:

ZEALS, or Zeals-Green, a chapelry, with a village, in Mere parish, Wilts; 1½ mile WSW of Mere, and 4 NNW of Gillingham r. station. Post town, Mere, under Bath. Real property, with Stourton, £5,654. Pop., 559. Houses, 134. Zeals house is the ancient seat of the Grove family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £290.* Patron, the Vicar of Mere.

Zeals through time

Zeals is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Zeals itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Zeals, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12189

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Zeals ".