Place:


Yatesbury  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yatesbury like this:

YATESBURY, a parish in Calne district, Wilts; 4½ miles E by N of Calne r. station. Post town, Calne, under Chippenham. Acres, 1,667. Real property, £2,529. Pop., 231. Houses, 57. The property is divided among three. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £510.* Patron, the Rev. A.Smith. The church was partly restored, partly rebuilt, in 1855. There is a Church school.

Yatesbury through time

Yatesbury is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yatesbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yatesbury in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12186

Date accessed: 12th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yatesbury ".