Place:


Woodborough  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodborough like this:

WOODBOROUGH, a parish, with a village, in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the Mid-Wilts railway and the Kennet and Avon canal, 3½ miles W of Pewsey. It has a r. station and a wharf. Post town, Pewsey, under Marlborough. Acres, 1,015. Real property, £2,035. Pop., 406. Houses, 84. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £340. Patron, G. H. W. Heneage, Esq. The church was recently in bad condition. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £6.

Woodborough through time

Woodborough is now part of Kennet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kennet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodborough, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12173

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodborough ".