Place:


Eastoft  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastoft like this:

EASTOFT, a chapelry on the mutual border of Lincoln and W. R. Yorkshire; and on the river Don, 4 miles NE of Crowle r. station. It was constituted in 1855; and it consists of the two townships of Eastoft, in the parishes of Crowle and Adlingfleet. Post town, Luddington, under Howden. Rated property, £2, 924. Pop., 624. Houses, 135. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £150. Patron, Lady Strickland. The church is a neat structure of 1855. There are chapels for Primitive Methodists and New Connexion Methodists.

Eastoft through time

Eastoft is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eastoft itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastoft in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12164

Date accessed: 13th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eastoft ".