Place:


Wilsford  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilsford like this:

WILSFORD, or W.-Dauntsey, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; 1¾ mile SSW of Woodborough r. station, and 5 WSW of Pewsey. It includes Manningford-Bohun tything, and has a post-office under Marlborough. Acres, 2,997. Real property, £3,877. Pop., 521. Houses, 118. The manor belongs to Sir F. Astley. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £242.* Patron, St. Nicholas Hospital, Salisbury. The church is tolerable.

Wilsford through time

Wilsford is now part of Kennet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kennet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wilsford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilsford, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12152

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wilsford ".