Place:


Poole Keynes  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Poole Keynes like this:

POOLE-KEYNES, a parish in the district of Cirencester and county of Wilts; adjacent to the Swindon and Gloucester railway, and to the river Thames, 1½ mile S S E of Kemble-Junction r. station, and 5 S S W of Cirencester. Post-town. Cirencester. Acres, 1, 110. Real property, with Kemble, £7,002. Rated property of P.-K. alone, £1, 836. Pop., 180. Houses, 38. The manor belongs to Miss Gordon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £367. Patrons, the Duchy of Lancaster. The church was re-built in 1778. There is a national school.

Poole Keynes through time

Poole Keynes is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Poole Keynes itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Poole Keynes, in Cotswold and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12134

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Poole Keynes ".