Place:


Sutton Mandeville  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton Mandeville like this:

SUTTON-MANDEVILLE, a parish in Tisbury district, Wilts; 2¼ miles E of Tisbury r. station. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 1,300. Rated property, £1,608. Pop., 289. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £310.* Patron, W. Wyndham, Esq. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1863. Charities, £5.

Sutton Mandeville through time

Sutton Mandeville is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton Mandeville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton Mandeville, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12115

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton Mandeville ".