Place:


Staverton  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Staverton like this:

STAVERTON, a chapelry in Trowbridge district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 2 miles N of Trowbridge r. station. It was constituted in 1839. Post town, Trowbridge. Pop., 580. Houses, 126. Cloth manufacture is carried on. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £100. Patron, the Church Patronage Society.

Staverton through time

Staverton is now part of West Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Staverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Staverton in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12107

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Staverton ".