Place:


Eagle  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eagle like this:

EAGLE, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; adjacent to the boundary with Notts, 3½ miles WNW of Thorpe r. station, and 7½ SW by W of Lincoln. It contains the hamlet of Eagle-Barnsdale; and its post town is Swinderby, under Newark. Acres, with Eagle-Hall, 2, 450. Real property, £2, 144. Pop., 533. Houses, 123. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £100. Patron, Sir W. A. Ingilby. The church is tolerable; and there are two Wesleyan chapels, and charities £5.

Eagle through time

Eagle is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eagle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eagle, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12055

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eagle ".