Place:


Digby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Digby like this:

DIGBY, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; on a rivulet called Digby beck, 6 miles N by W of Sleaford r. station. It has a post office under Sleaford. Acres, 2, 382. Real property, £2, 946. Pop., 330. Houses, 67. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Bloxholm, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is early English, with pinnacled tower and crocketed spire; and has a fine Norman entrance, and embattled walls. A fine cross is near the church; and a school has £22 from endowment.

Digby through time

Digby is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Digby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Digby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12036

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Digby ".