Place:


Croxby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Croxby like this:

CROXBY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; 5 miles SE by E of Caistor, and 7½ NE by E of Usselby r. station. Post town, Caistor. Acres, 1, 628. Real property, £2, 447. Pop., 147. Houses, 22. The property is all in one estate. The parish is a meet for the Brocklesby hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £120.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but good.

Croxby through time

Croxby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Croxby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Croxby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12011

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Croxby ".