Place:


North Cockerington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Cockerington like this:

COCKERINGTON (North), a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; near the East Lincoln railway, 3¾ miles NE of Louth. Post town, Louth. Acres, 1, 750. Real property, £2, 640. Pop., 265. Houses, 58. The manor belonged to the Scropes; three of whom were Adrian the regicide, Sir Adrian the royalist, and Sir Carr the poet. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Alvingham, in the diocese of Lincoln. There are three Methodist chapels, a diocesan school, and an alms-house.

North Cockerington through time

North Cockerington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Cockerington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Cockerington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11951

Date accessed: 20th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Cockerington ".