Place:


Coates  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coates like this:

COATES, a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln; 3¾ miles ENE of Marton r. station, and 7 SE of Gainsborough. Post town, Stow under Gainsborough. Acres, 950. Real property, £960. Pop., 54. Houses, 9. The property is divided between two. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £50. Patron, Sir J. W. Ramsden, Bart. The church is partly Norman, and was reported in 1859 to need repair.

Coates through time

Coates is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coates itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coates, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11944

Date accessed: 22nd May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coates ".