Place:


Littleton Drew  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littleton Drew like this:

LITTLETON-DREW, or LITTLETON-ST. ANDREW, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on Akeman-street, adjacent to Gloucester, 8 miles NW of Chippenham town and r. station. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 971. Real property, £1,411. Pop., 233. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Duke of Beaufort. ...


A large barrow, with three stones of a fallen cromlech on the top, is about a mile from the church. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £180. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church was rebuilt in 1856.

Littleton Drew through time

Littleton Drew is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Littleton Drew itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littleton Drew in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11905

Date accessed: 22nd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Littleton Drew ".