Place:


Inglesham  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Inglesham like this:

INGLESHAM, a parish in Highworth district, Wilts; on the river Isis, adjacent to Berks and Gloucestershire, 1½ mile SSW of Lechlade, and 6 WNW of Faringdon r. station. Post town, Lechlade, under Swindon. Acres, 927. Real property, £1, 134. Pop., 119. Houses, 26. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £295.* Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is Norman, has an open bell turret, and was recently in bad condition.

Inglesham through time

Inglesham is now part of Swindon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swindon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Inglesham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Inglesham, in Swindon and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11844

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Inglesham ".