Place:


Imber  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Imber like this:

IMBER, a parish in Warminster district, Wilts; in Salisbury plain, 4 ½ miles NE by N of Heytesbury r. station, and 6½ ENE of Warminster. Post town, Heytesbury, under Bath. Acres, 3, 033. Real property, £2, 616. Pop., 382. Houses, 85. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £120. * Patron, the Marquis of Bath. The church contains two effigies of Knights Templars, and is good. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.

Imber through time

Imber is now part of West Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Imber itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Imber in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11843

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Imber ".