Place:


West Butterwick  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Butterwick like this:

BUTTERWICK (West), with Kelfield, a townshipchapelry in Owston parish, Lincoln; on the river Trent, 3½ miles S of Keadby r. station. It has a post office, of the name of West Butterwick, under Bawtry. Real property, £4,995. Pop., 907. Houses, 203. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300.* Patron, the Vicar of Owston. The church was built in 1841. There are three dissenting chapels and a national school.

West Butterwick through time

West Butterwick is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Butterwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Butterwick in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11830

Date accessed: 18th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Butterwick ".