Place:


Burton Coggles  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burton Coggles like this:

BURTON-COGGLES, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; on an affluent of the river Glen, and on the Great Northern railway, 2 miles NW of Corby. Post Town, Corby, under Grantham. Acres, 2,676. Real property, £3,862. Pop., 288. Houses, 54. The property s divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £664.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is tolerable. A school has £25 from endowment; and other charities £10.

Burton Coggles through time

Burton Coggles is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burton Coggles itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burton Coggles, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11813

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burton Coggles ".