Place:


West Harnham  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Harnham like this:

HARNHAM (WEST), a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts; near the river Avon, 1½ mile SW by W of Salisbury r. station. Post-town, Salisbury. Acres, 1,130. Rated property, £2,129. Pop., 285. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. Harnham hill commands a very fine view of Salisbury. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Coombe-Bissett, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church is ancient and tolerable; and has a tower. Charities, £5.

West Harnham through time

West Harnham is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Harnham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Harnham, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11784

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Harnham ".