Place:


Blankney  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blankney like this:

BLANKNEY, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 6 miles SW of Stixwould r. station, and 9 N of Sleaford. It includes the hamlet of Linwood; and has a post office under Sleaford. Acres, 6,000. Real property, £7,324. Pop., 560. Houses, 90. The property is divided among a few. Blankney Hall is the seat of H. ...


Chaplin, Esq. Much of the surface was formerly a waste, over which travellers were guided by the Dunston pillar; but is now good turnip land. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £821.* Patron, H. Chaplin, Esq. The church is good; and there is a national school

Blankney through time

Blankney is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blankney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blankney, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11734

Date accessed: 18th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blankney ".