Place:


Llanhychan  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanhychan like this:

LLANYCHAN, a parish in Ruthin district, Denbigh; on the river Clwyd, adjacent to the Denbigh, Ruthin, and Corwen railway, 3 miles N of Ruthin. Post town, Ruthin, Denbighshire. Acres, 566. Real property, £1,371. Pop., 107. Houses, 20. The property is divided among five. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £170. * Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is dedicated to St. Hychan, and is good. A fair is held on 12 Oct.

Llanhychan through time

Llanhychan is now part of Denbighshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Denbighshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanhychan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanhychan in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11701

Date accessed: 18th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanhychan ".