Place:


Bilbrough  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bilbrough like this:

BILBROUGH, a parish in Tadcaster district, W. R. Yorkshire; 3 miles WSW of Copmanthorpe r. station, and 4 NE of Tadcaster. It has a post office under York. Acres, 1,389. Real property, £3,386. Pop., 216. Houses, 49. The property is divided chiefly among three. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £274. Patron, T. Fairfax, Esq. The church contains the remains of Thomas, Lord Fairfax, the celebrated parliamentary general. Charities, £14.

Bilbrough through time

Bilbrough is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bilbrough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bilbrough, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11582

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bilbrough ".