Place:


Woolstone  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woolstone like this:

WOOLSTONE, a parish in Tewkesbury district, Gloucester; 3 miles SE of Ashchurch r. station, and 5¼ N of Cheltenham. Post town, Cheltenham. Acres, 787. Real property, £1,643. Pop., 81. Houses, 20. The manor belongs to the Earl of Coventry. A hill, at the back of the parsonage, has remains of a Roman camp, and commands a very extensive view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £200.* Patron, the Earl of Coventry. The church is old but good.

Woolstone through time

Woolstone is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woolstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woolstone, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11477

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woolstone ".