Place:


Wyfordby  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wyfordby like this:

WYFORDBY, a parish in Melton-Mowbray district, Leicester; on the Syston and Peterborough railway, 2¼ miles E of Melton-Mowbray. Post town, Melton-Mowbray. Acres, 1,350. Real property, £2,034. Pop., 144. Houses, 26. The manor belongs to Sir W. E.Hartopp, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value £193.* Patron, Sir W. E.Hartopp, Bart. The church is of the 13th century. There is a national school.

Wyfordby through time

Wyfordby is now part of Melton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Melton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wyfordby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wyfordby, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11384

Date accessed: 13th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wyfordby ".