Place:


Stockerston  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stockerston like this:

STOCKERSTON, a parish in the district of Uppingham and county of Leicester; 4 miles NNW of Rockingham r. station. Post town, Uppingham. Acres, 973. Real property, £1,543. Pop., 50. Houses, 11. S. Hall is the seat of T. Walker, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £240. Patron, alternately T. Walker, Esq. and G. Belairs, Esq. The church is good.

Stockerston through time

Stockerston is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stockerston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stockerston, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11300

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stockerston ".