Place:


Sibson  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sibson like this:

SIBSON, or Sibstone, a parish, with two townships and two hamlets, in Market-Bosworth district, Leicester, 4 miles NE of Atherstone r. station. Post town, Ather-stone. Acres, 3,817. Real property, £6,056. Pop., 480. Houses, 98. The property is divided among a few. A Roman settlement was at Wellesborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £1,150.* Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is ancient but good. There is a national school.

Sibson through time

Sibson is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sibson itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sibson, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11279

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sibson ".