Place:


Shurdington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shurdington like this:

SHURDINGTON (Great), a parish, with a village, in Cheltenham district, Gloucester; 3 miles SW by S of Cheltenham r. station. It has a post-office under Cheltenham. Acres, 383. Real property, £1,490. Pop., 164. Houses, 37. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Badgeworth. The church is early English. There is a national school.

Shurdington through time

Shurdington is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shurdington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shurdington, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11270

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shurdington ".